2 fresh trout fillets
2tsp olive oil
salt and pepper
2 large tomatoes ( the big beef ones) – cut in half and the centre scooped out and kept
2 small or 1 large leek – chopped finely
120g mushrooms – chopped
2tblsp fresh thyme chopped ( only use leaves not stems)
1 clove garlic chopped.
75g baby spinach
2tblsp Basil Oil Dresing ( optional).
Method: Preheat oven 220C
- In a wok or pan cook the leeks on medium heat until soft with the garlic and salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme cook for a few minutes. Place equally into the tomatoe halves.
- Put the tomatoes in the oven for 15 minutes
- Rub the fish with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the fish in a very hot pan skin side down and cook until brown and it moves easily, turn over and just seal the flesh side. Put in the oven with the tomatoes for another 10-15 minutes until the fish s cooked through.
- Serve the tomatoes on top of the rocket and spinach and top with the fish. Drizzle with the basil oil if using.