200g juice pulp – I use my morning green juice left overs.
125g ground almonds
90g sunflower seeds
90g pumpkin seeds
3tblsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- On 2 baking trays spread it out on greaseproof paper so it is a few mm thick and even all over.
- Mark out gently the lines of the size of the crackers you would like them to be using a knife but not cutting the whole way through.
- Bake for 1 hour and break the lines you made and split them into crackers.
- Bake for another hour or so – until completely dry and crisp – it is hard to overcook these – it’s always better a little longer.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
If they are not fully dried as it depends on oven and how thick you have spread them – leave them in for longer if not completely dry or they will be soft – and soft crackers are gross!Alternatively if you have one you can do the same and use a dehydrator overnight.
Different juice pulp will produce different flavours – experiment what works for you, the seeds are also changeable.