Rainbow Trout with Jersey Royals, Mushrooms and Brocoli
( Serves 2)
2 Rainbow Trout fillets ( run your finger along them to check for bones and remove with tweezers if there are any)
200G Tenderstem broccoli – ends trimmed off and cut in half
250g Jersey Royal Potatoes – cooked in boiling water for 10 minutes and then cut in half
300g mushrooms – cut into quarters.
1/2 lemon for juice
Coconut Oil/ Olive Oil
Pan & Wok needed.
- Heat both pan and Wok.
- Put a little oil in the wok and cook the potatoes until they are browned on the outside take out the Wok.
- Put the broccoli in the wok and toss until it starts going a little limp in the heads ( a few minutes) add about 3tblsp water and let cook out until the water has gone take out the Wok.
- Put a little oil in the wok – add the mushrooms and cook unitl soft and brown all over. Add the broccoli and potatoes back into the Wok. Season to taste with salt and pepper and keep on moving around the wok.
- Add a tiny bit of oil to the pan . Season the fish with salt and pepper. Place in the pan skin side down. Watch the fish and do not touch it until it looks as if it is almost cooked through ( 70%- a bit more than in the photo below ). At this point gently turn the fish over ( it should come off the pan easily), squeeze the lemon juice in the pan and season a little more. Put the fish skin side down on the plates.
- Serve with the potatoe and vegetable mix..