Paleo Shepard’s Pie
Serves 2 Large Portions / 3 smaller ones
1 Pan & Oven @ 180C
1 onion chopped
2 carrots chopped
1/2 head celery chopped
250g minced beef
2tsp chopped mixed herbs (dried)
Pinch salt and pepper to taste
1 pint beef/ veg/ chicken stock
1tsp coconut aminos
1 cauliflower take all green off – chop and steamed until you can squeeze with fingers (very soft)
1tsp fresh grated nutmeg
1) Sauté onions , carrots and celery until soft with a little olive oil
2) Add beef and dried herbs and cook until the meat is brown.
3) Add stock and cook simmering gently until most of the liquid has gone.
4) Season the meat mix with salt and pepper, put into an oven proof dish.
5) Put the cauliflower in a food processor with a little olive oil, nutmeg and seasoning and purée until smopoth – pour over the beef mixture.
6) Cook for 30 minutes in the oven