Fish Goujons & Tartare Salad
Pan on hob
1Cos lettuce- shredded finely
1tblsp capers- chopped finely
1tbslp gherkins- chopped finely
1 small red onion chopped finely
1 lemon – zest and juice
1handful curly parsley chopped finely
Sea salt and black pepper
2 cod fillets – cut into strips ( or any fish you like)
2 eggs whisked
1 cup blanched almond flour
Salt and pepper
2tblsp sliced almonds
1) Put the eggs in one dish and the flour seasoned in another.
2) Put fish in egg then flour and repeat make sure covered all over – put to one side.
3) Heat up the pan and coconut oil , place the fish in gently and cook for a few minutes on each side until brown and cooked through in the last minute add the sliced almonds to the pan . Once cooked drain on kitchen roll .
4) whilst the fish is cooking chop the salad ingredients and mix together
5) put the fish and almonds on the salad and serve
NB is nice with Raw “Mayonaise ” on the side